To access your Yahoo Mail account on the Thunderbird email program, you will need to set it up using the IMAP server settings. Below are the steps that you will need to follow for the configuration process:
- Launch the Thunderbird email program on your computer and enter your Name, Email Address, and Password in the provided field.
- Next, click on the Continue option and select the checkbox next toIMAP(remote folders) and click on the Manual config
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the following settings on in the provided fields on your screen. So, go to the Server hostname section to verify the following.
- Incoming:mail.yahoo.com |Port: 993 (SSL) or 143 (in certain cases 585 (SSL))
- Outgoing:mail.yahoo.com |Port: Either 25 or 465 (SSL) (In certain cases 2525)
- Then, click on the Re-test
- If you would have entered everything incorrectly, the configuration process will get completed successfully and you can click on the Create Account
- After that, you can check your Yahoo Mail account using your Thunderbird for messages.
To get further assistance regarding your Yahoo Mail account configuration on an email client, you can contact our Yahoo email customer support team. We have proficient professionals who are capable of handling all Yahoo related issues with ease. To contact our experts, you can reach us through email, live chat, and phone support. All our communication mediums are open 24 by 7.